August 27th, 2011
|07:21 pm - Still alive, sorts of...|
Yeap, I'm still alive. Just a short update here...
- I broke my wrist AGAIN, for the third time in the last 12 months. Yes, I tripped on a kitten. But it's getting much better now. Homeopathy help. Or I'm just getting used to it. :/
- Found two kittenlings in a box. The kind that needs bottle-feeding. Found out that their stray mom had been killed, and someone found them in their backyard, put them in a box with some leftover pasta (WTF?) and left them in a box under a small park area under a tree. *headdesk* At least (I guess) they didn't tie them up in a plastic bag and tossed them in the trash, like Heracles last year. Now they are all grown up (sort of) and eat on their own, while purring non stop. The others, in general, love their new "toys".
- Mister BlindCat is also adjusting fine. Only he picks up fights with everyone: the broom, the bucket, the oleander plant, the chairs, and the list goes on...
- Writing? What writing?
- Lost about 13 kgs (~25 pounds) since June. Need new clothes. And this needs a post (and a rant) of its own.
- Saw Conan. Lol.
- Stay tuned for Kittenpic spam!
Current Mood: tired
Agh..indeed, good thing they left the kittens in a box somewhere-not the smartest thing to do, but it beats a lot of nasty alternatives!!
Wish I had lost 13kg, lol, I am hopelessly stuck!*sigh* Sorry to hear about your wrist, though!*hug*
And I was going to ask you to see Conan with me this week,lol!:p
So sorry to hear you broke your wrist again :( I was wondering why you didn't seem to be blogging that often lately! I hope you get better soon... and that the new kittens will behave and won't trip you ;)
Thanks. :) And, actually, it was the new kittens that tripped me, so their mischief status is recently updated. :p
So sorry to hear about your wrist. Was it the same one? I thought you had been a tad quiet.
Good to hear the new kittens are thriving well, though for the life of me I can't imagine why anyone would think they could eat pasta. I suppose it shows some effort. My box kitten was left on a range road midwinter, when it was about -30c. My vet said he was probably three weeks old. Little Jasper prefered to ride on my shoulder so he could call the big cats names from safety. He also liked to body surf down our faces when we were asleep and he thought it was time for him to be fed.
Thanks. And, yeap it was the same one. Thank Catnip I kept my old bracer.
I've heard of "left" kittens with all sorts of stuff along. My best friend's blue-grey tom, Xerxis, was found in a crate with a piece of mousaka. (Hey, this is Greece, after all). :p And he hasn't even sniffed this particular dish in all his thirteen years now.
Jasper sounds like a real character. ;) Has Frank forgiven you by now, btw?
God that wrist needs a rest. Hope things are easing up now. Watch the weight - eat well. :) Stay in touch... Think of me if you need a writing break and can find someone to feed the zoo. I'm planning to take time off from work in November and try nanowrimo.
Thanks. The weight loss was something I've been trying to achieve for the last ten years or so, since a stupid (to put it mildly) hormonal treatment that fixed nothing and messed up everything.
And I'd LOVE to come over. Although even a week it's impossible for me - The Horde of Purrdor, duh. But since you're close (a couple of hours by plane, I think?) I might be able to arrange something for a weekend. Or even two weekends. ;)
...that is, if I remember to get my passport in order...
I think I'm a little further away as we are off Africa, so it may be more than a couple of hours. But you are welcome. I think Tom Crosshill may be coming out, too - so I may end up sticking one of you in the store room (it's pretty cosy, if basic.) Let me know if that would be a problem.
Sort your passport out, then. :)
Ouch! I hope your wrist (and the kitten) gets better quickly.
Thank you! We're all much better now.