January 6th, 2012
|05:58 pm - 2012 so far...|
... hasn't impressed me. *sigh*
- Baby grand-chick died. *sob*
- Crippled calico is better, but she's still a spoiled brat, snubbing her food and biting me when I try to clean up her wounds.
- The temperature has dropped and will drop more. We have no central heating because no one has money to pay for it. Thankfully, I have two new panel heaters that warm up the main house area well, and with minimal energy. Of course, I'm not eager to see the electric company's bill...
- Despite the chill, the Horde of Purrdor are making escape attempts. The last half hour of my 40-minute writing session consisted of me being their doorman: "Let me OUUUT NAO! What am I, a prisoner?" followed by "Let me IIIIN NAO! What am I, a leper?" *SIGH*
- On the plus side, this place has finally started to resemble a home. If everything goes well, tomorrow morning I'll tidy up the living room and assemble a few last pieces of furniture, and move my primary writing space to a cat-less location. I still need to go get some stuff like curtains and lamps, but that will have to wait until the 20th or so, since a) I don't have money and b) IKEA will be having a promotion after the 16th that I can take advantage of. Perhaps, then, I can focus on writing without having the brats climbing all over me and me typing with one hand because Spitha is napping on the other. /rant.
Okay, let's try this writing thing again...
Current Mood: tired
'move my primary writing space to a cat-less location.'
Is there such a place in any cat home?
Actually there can be. ;) Mine are not allowed into the living room any more, although they'll certainly paw on the glass balcony doors to be let in NAO! With curtains in placem I can ignore them more easily. ;)
Oh, and BTW, happy birthday! Kittehs send their purrs. ;)
Goodness, a cat-free room. If only! One of ours can open doors, the other makes such a fuss you have to let her in just to stop her howling like a puppy.
As for the cold thing, I remember it well. I did most of my 2005 NaNoWriMo sitting in a sleeping bag, with a hot water bottle on my feet and wearing fingerless gloves.
Sorry to hear about the grand-chick. :(
Thanks. I hope that the feathered rascals will have better luck next time...
A cat-free writing space has been my dream for a looong time. Mine can open doors too, so that's why everything locks here.
And ouch about the cold. At least now that everyone stays indoors, it's tolerable. Unfortunately, they have no access to the outside litterboxes now, and the indoor ones need fresh litter every other day...